Saturday, June 20, 2009

Roasted Chicken

Roasted chicken for dinner when my mom was away to KK to attend a seminar. It's been a while since I cook something good, or doing an experiment cooking.

This time I use very different method. Instead putting the chicken in the roast pan with the vegetable, I separated them.

The marinate is simple, bought a rendang paste, add with onions and garlic, and salt. That's all to it. You can use any other paste, according to your preference, bbq sauce, chinese sweet sauce, anything.

Closer look.

The vege that I use this time. Me and my bro love brinjal, and brinjal do go well with roasting or BBQ, from my past experience. But they must be cooked well til soft, vert soft. Then will taste great!


Into the oven they go!!


See how I separate them. I put the chicken on the grill. Reason is I want a proper roasted chicken till crisp to the skin. If I roast with the chicken, they won't crisp properly, coz of the moist retention from the vege and under exposed of the heat to the skin. Initially I set the heat at 140 degrees for bout 30 mins to let it cook thoroughly to the inside, and still keep the meat juicy and moist. Then after that I set to 180-200 degrees for 15 mins or so, depending how dark you want the skin to be. That is to crisp up the skin, take more of the fatty oil out of the skin.

I put the pan underneath to collect the juices and oils produced from the chicken as they are being roasted. The juices will enhance the vege's flavour.

This is the result. See the dark colour skin on the chicken? They are nice and crisp. Really meet my expectation, hahahah.

Another view.

The brinjal is almost 100% cooked, but not up to my softness, but still ok though. Have them with rice, and soak the vege with the chicken juice from the roast, they are nice! Me and Ivan really enjoyed it. you should try too!


Down to the last bone, nothing left, Buuuuurrrrppp!!!!!

No comments: