Monday, June 08, 2009

ASB Badminton tournament (6-7 June'09)

Asian Supply Base, the company I work for, organised a badminton tournament within the company only. I've been told that it's been a while since they had this tournament. This event is in conjunction with the company's 25th anniversary celebration. I'm part of the organising committee, and also taking part in the competition. The turnout was good. Many people took part, especially the men's categories. 32 men's single and 39 pairs men's doubles. Ladies category was not that big of a number.

I took part in men's double and mix double. Managed to get 1st place in men's doubles (YAY!!) and 2nd place in mix doubles. In mixed doubles final I played against my own teammate in the men's double! He's more better than me, but I did gave a good fight till the 3rd set, won't wanna let him win the prize easily. (hehe)

Registration and time keeper counter.

SMILE!!!



Discuss....


Turnout on the 1st day. Everybody played their hearts out







2nd day, all categories' Semi-final and Finals

My teammate in mix double




My teammate in men's doubles






Ladies' doubles


Overall it was good. The event went smoothly, better than expected. Prize presentation will be done on the Family Day, probably end of July'09. Congrats to the winners, and try again next time for the unlucky ones!

No comments: