Thursday, June 04, 2009

KK Trip June'09

Went to KK again for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. This time is to sit for my ACCA exam. KK is the nearest exam centre available, so I have to make this trip. Stayed over at Archdeacon John Yeo's place. Supposedly to drive my car there, but due to the Sabah harvest event, I have no luck in getting the ferry ticket, bad habit of me being last minute. Gotta be early next time round.

So ended up taking the ferry express to KK direct. Been quite a while since I sat one, due to easily getting motion sickness from the moving of the ferry boat. Surprisingly I did not get any from both trip to and fro, thank GOD!! The pics are low quality, only used my handphone coz I forgot to bring my camera's battery along, so absent minded!!

View in the ferry express.





KK port.




Dinner near Luyang there. The shop is famous for it's dumpling, pan fried and steamed. A friend of my mom's works there, a family business. She used to be in Labuan but moved to KK for many years already. She's close to my mom, and still recognise me and my bro when we payed a visit there.

Sotong kangkung

Famous dumplings


Fried noodle


Ikan pari


After dinner me, bro and friends went to Secret recipe for dessert @ Warisan Square. Missed the cakes there, super nice.



Chocolate indulgence

Caramel cheese

Chocolate brownies, love them all!!!


Bravo chillin on the floor. Fat and cute!! hahaha


Next morning, went back to the same coffee shop for breakfast



Lunch at Wagamama @ Asia City. I quite like the food there, been there once before. The sushis are expensive, but the ala carte food are reasonable enough.



Menu

Only had this sushi dish

They had a promotion, order a main dish and free a side dish, so me and my bro ordered 2 sets. I know it's a bit too heavy, but what the heck, it's not always that we have decent Japanese food.

Salmon and chicken side dish

My main dish, fried beef

My bro's stewed beef. I forgot the exact name for them all.


The exam went well for me, not as difficult as I expected. Confident that I can pass this.

At night attend the "Night of worship" at ChristChurch Likas. A team from USA is in town and they and Jonathan Tse led the whole hour of worship. Really good and refreshing. Feel touch by God through them.




Next early morning, before going back to Labuan, stooped in town for quick breakfast. AD John Yeo brought us to a place where they serve fish noodle. Yes, literally fish noodle. The noodle is made of fish paste, serve with dumpling, fish meat and much more. Something new and creative. Enjoyed it.


Big Thanks to AD John Yeo and friend for their hospitality. Really enjoyed myself throughout the trip.

No comments: