Saturday, July 04, 2009

KL business trip (30/6 - 3/7)

I was in KL again, after 2 months. But this time was not on leisure, but business purpose. I'm needed to attend a meeting in financial related. I won't explain more, P&C bah.

Overall the trip was good, and tiring. Get to meet some friends and meet new people in the corporate world. It's a good exposure for me and surely will help me more in my future career.

I stayed in Capitol Hotel, just beside Low Yat Plaza, my shopping heaven(provided I have the cash though).

The Hotel I stayed

My room, spacey and comfy. The window view is almost superb! I had a view of twin tower and KL tower. Good rite? hehehe



My room window view






I reached the hotel almost 9pm, I boarded the evening flight. Then arranged to meet a friend in Bangsar. Been years since I went there for lepak or for a drink. The place now is almost dead. It's quite, not much people around the Telawi road. 10 years ago is was one of the famous place to hangout, for both rich and middle class people. Got mamak, great pubs and classy restaurants.

The pic below is the new shopping mall, Bangsar Village 2. Didn't get to go in coz it was late.

Another view.


This road was famous years ago. Now looks almost empty. Don't be fooled by big numbers of cars, actually they just park the car there and went somewhere else. When I walked the road, not much people, not even in the shops around. I saw it was less than 10 people in every shop, which is bad for business.

Where are the people????

Met my friend and had my dinner/supper in Dave's place, an Indian place. Apa lagi, eat Indian food la.

A long time friend from Labuan, but working in KL currently.

My food!! Mutton curry, sambal brinjal and taugeh. SEDAP!!


Wah, who kena saman???

KL night life, the city that never sleeps


This is the morning view in my hotel room.


The meeting was good, very stressful, but I learned a lot. New experience and exposure for me. Thank you GOD for the opportunity!

This the view from the hotel doorstep, on the right is the Low Yat plaza and the left building is the BB Plaza. Convenient rite? Everything can get just a short walk away. Even street food!!



Centre of the Bintang walks.

Performances, snake and monkey. I wonder if this is legal?



Midget statue wannabe. Can he really stand hrs just doing that?


2nd nite went to Pavilion for dinner and movie with my friend that I met the nite before. Just to catch up and enjoy the company.





Entrance fountain of Pavilion Mall.


Had dinner at Dain Ti Hill restaurant. The only establishment in KL, and have chains in other Asian countries. The food was good, highly recommended. I like the environment too, relaxing.



The window view of our table. Good food, nice environment, and good window view, what can be better than that? hehe



I let my friend do the ordering as she's been here before.

Looks so appetizing.....

The appetizer is really one of a kind. The base is made from pumpkin. I actually don't fancy pumpkin, but this is nice, really different. It even have fish roe inside. Soft and creamy.

Lotus.

Spicy chicken. Never tasted anything close to it, really something different.


Next went for movie in GSC. Initially wanted to watch Transformer 2, but it was a Wednesday, cheap ticket day, so they sold off very fast, can't get my hand on them. Sigh, nvm. Watched "17 again" instead. It was alrite. Google it if you wanna know the synopsis of this movie.

Late supper.



View from my boss' hotel room. hehehe. Guess where he stayed from the looks of the view.....




After meeting some clients, went back to hotel to freshen up and off to Low Yat for a walk, see what I spend on, hahahaha. I bought myself a new Ipod Shuffle. It's the cheapest model of all the Ipod models, hahaha. I actually don't need an MP3 player. But tangan gatal, I buy a small and very portable ones. The reason? hmmm,.....I'll give one, I can use it when I go for jogs in the park. Having bigger size MP3 player can be annoying when bouncing in the pocket. This one I can just clip somewhere and just jog without feeling anything. It's easy to operate too, with voice that can read out the title and artist of the song. COOL!!!



Very small rite??? Envy or not? hahaha



Birthday dinner for Brooke Anne (2/7/09).
Brought her and Joshua for dinner to celebrate her birthday. She lucky I'm in KL. Went to Pavilion again, since it's a new and nice place, and also just nearby the hotel I stayed in.

Had dinner Tony Roma's. It is famous for its BBQ ribs.

Nice Environment.


Happy si Brooke bah...

Limited time Promotion, 13-inch platter of its famous ribs.

Ceaser's salad, love this salad, period!

Potato skin. Really nice too

The dish of the nite!!

Mojo chicken

Yummy man, no joke!!! Juicy and tender!


Buurp!!!!

After dinner we went for movie, again. The past 2 yrs visiting KL I didn't get to watch any movie in cinema, not once!! But this trip I went twice!!

This time we watched Ice Age 3, in 3D version. Since we never watched 3D version in any other movies before, might as well take this chance and try out.

Our new glass, cool rite? Actually we need to wear them when watching the movie, to give this 3D effect. The movie was good, funny. But the 3D effect is not wat I fancy. Can't get used to it. I till prefer the old fashion way, hehehehe.

Ada style eh!! hahahah

No comments: