Sunday, September 21, 2008

AUGUST'08 HAPPENING

Brief blog on happenings in August.


Had durian, it's the season, but I think it was only a short season, not much durian sold in the market. This my mom bought in Beaufort at cheaper price compared to the local market here. tastes ok, nothing special, but good enough to enjoy, hahhahaha.

the inside, yum....

Joanne Tse's wedding day and reception.

Attended her wedding on (8/8/08). Yeah good date to get married. I have another couple friends married in KL on that day too, congrats to Joanne and her husband, and also Dr. Vinod and Dr. Ling. It was a Friday, so I took a day leave from work. I knew Joanne since primary school. Yes, she was my classmate, but only in primary school. We were eachother's enemy back then, BIG TIME enemy, which I forgot for what reason. But we grew up after that and become frens, hahahah. We still meet eachother in church. Not really close to her, but still do keep in touch from time to time.

Lunch reception at Waterfront. Buffet style ok, not bad, very nice food presentation and the decoration at the hall.


Enjoying rite,......


My food,....not bad actually,.....better than what I expected, hahahahah.

MJSB Badminton Tournament (22-24 Aug'08)

Participated in a badminton tournament with my fellow colleagues against other Oil & Gas companies. The tournament was ok, been a while since I enter any kind of competition / tournament. Glad I had the opportunity to join and get to build closer rapport with my fellow colleagues. It was held in PL Civic Centre.

Lining up for the opening ceremony. The court condition was new, very nice to play, better grip, good lighting.


People around building close rapport.


They set up a big projector to show current results and groupings.


Another view. ASB didn't get to advance to semi final, really sayang. By right we have the chance to advance, but due to us being to lenient in our player organising, we lost to Schlumberger. Nevermind, next year we'll be back for the real show, hahahhah. Overall it was a good experience and event. At least I won all my match that I played, hahaha.

BBQ nite with CG

We had bbq nite with my cg members at my house, just fellowship and relax (31/8/08). during the preparation, went to Ah Teng's place to prepare some ingredients for the bbq. He prepared raw yellow fin tune for me and Ka Seng for snacks. It was so nice!!! Yellow fin tuna is famous in Japan, and cost quite costly actually. But here we got the chance to have them cheaply (RM10-13/kg) in the wet market here, awesome!!!

Raw tuna meat, looks very geli rite? But when u dip in the sauce and eat, sure nice one, no joke.


The sauce,.....with wasabi somemore.


Tuna meat for the BBQ

.
Another view


Another view, me enjoying the fish, wahahahhah......

No comments: