Sunday, January 28, 2007

A RIDE TO KOTA KINABALU (23-26/01/07)

It's been already busy in the office with my own assigned work. Now I'm told to go KK to do audit with my a senior. I almost freaked out, have so much work in office and needing to dump the job and go KK. Well, my group re-arranged my work and assigned some work to the junior. Have tight datelines but unable to meet these datelines if I'm assigned to KK. Work really piling up really fast, and it's only JANUARY!! Getting scared man. Well, OFF I go to KK!!

My plane ticket. Using MAS, hehe....MAS wo.....



Upon checking in the hotel (Kinabalu Daya Hotel). It's not as good as I expected. But the area is convenient, as nearby places have shopping places and food eating places.


More pic of the room. Very simple and smelly. Guess it's a smoking-allowed room.


Khen trying on the TV. The channels are decent, but the pictures quality is not that good. I don't like this room. What to do.....cheap wat.


At client's place, the clerk offered us water and this during "tea" time about 3-4 pm.


Doing my work, really busy....


Every day for lunch the client brought us for lunch. This particular lunch is at a fancy restaurant. The environment is good, air conditioned, hehehe.


The 1st nite had dinner with Canon John & wife & Annie, together with my colleague. Had dinner at this "Bak Kut Teh" shop near my hotel. The food was nice, and of course, hearty one. Had good fellowship with them. Then they drop my and my colleague to Centre Point to walk around, see if we can buy anything. Since we're in KK, might as well do some shopping for CNY, such as CLOTHES, food, etc.
2nd nite, Pastor Jonathan Tse brought us for dinner. We went to this "Asia City" mall. It's a newly opened shopping place, but not much shops opened. We went to this Japanese Restaurant called "Wagamama Japanses Restaurant"


The restaurant of outside. I don't know bout the background of this restaurant. But since Pastor Jonathan say it's good, so I just go ahead and try.


The place is like those sushi king outlet style. The environment is nice. The moment we step into the place, the workers start to shout in Japanese. I guess they are welcoming us. Is it a Japanese culture? They shout welcome and goodbye to every customers that comes in and goes out. I slowly got irritated by it, hahahahaha. They have this moving conveyor to transport around finished made sushis or other Japanese snacks. Other than that they also serve set dinners.


Another view of this place.



I challenged Jonathan for a "special" drink. We ordered SAKE! It's a Japanese rice wine, if i'm not mistaken. I haven't really had this drink before, so wat the heck, we called a small bottle. They served the drink warm. So it's rare for me to experience in drinking alcoholic drinks warm I think sake is the 1st for me. The taste is........nothing that I had ever tasted before. But it's ok. But not my kind of preferential taste. Maybe I didn't had enough, only for a cupful for each of us. (3 of us drank only a bottle). Maybe next time we'll try order more, hahahah.


My food. It's called chicken teriyaki. The food was good. Chicken taste good, crispy in the outside, soft and juicy in the inside.


Jonathan really loves Japanese food, hahahaha. In addition he hantam 2 more plates of sushis from the moving conveyor, really can eat a lot.


Sigh, back to work,......work work work....


3rd nite, and this time for REAL, I had PROSPERITY BURGER!! Well It actually doesn't taste as great as I expected. I rather have my favourite Big Mac. But the drink is superb. it's a mixture of Sprite and a orangy/lemony juice. So it has this fizzy with the lemony citrus kick. WOW!! Love it!!
Well, finally on this 3rd nite I able to get some shirts for this coming CNY, and also some magazine for my own reading. I like to read those PC and tech stuff magazines, as I need to keep up with the electronic trends. The world is moving fast, so need to keep up and not loosing out. who knows my knowledge can be a great asset/investments for me in the future.

No comments: