Thursday, January 04, 2007

NEW YEAR NEW RESOLUTIONS?

Been a busy week for me. Many things to decide, works to be done, and news with a bang received. Is it because of the "new year 2007"? Well, hope this year will be a great year for me. I know great and difficult challenges are waiting for me in the near future.

What's my new resolutions? Hmm, new job? Be more attentive & supportive towards my church ministry that I'm in? Get to know more people? Extend my territory? All of them suddenly came to my mind as I'm in the new year. Getting scared now. Lord, please help me and guide me!!! I'm almost lost here!

I really need to find a time to sit and pray for guidance. Even though you may think that I'm on the right track now, but seriously, I'm reaching a crossroads of some parts of my life. I don't wanna discuss what are they in detail, but if you are reading this now, do pray for me and my future decisions, whatever may be. I really hope that I won't fall in a way. Everybody wants a smooth ride, but my life isn't like that kind of situation at all, and has never been for years.

My cell group (Kairos) is one of the best thing that has happen to me in 2006. Numbers grew, members are great people. I'm really blessed because of them. ( I really mean all of them) And it's one of crossroads that I'll face sooner or later.

My job is also great. Having a great, helpful boss, friendly and caring colleagues, and importantly, valuable job experience. This is also will be a crossroad in the near future. Do pray for me.


FIRST DAY OF NEW YEAR 2007 DINNER

On the 1st day of new year, what did I do ah? Oh yeah, attended the cell leaders' retreat in COHS. Have to wake up so early at 8.20am to attend the retreat which started at 9am. Been sleeping for less than 4 hrs only, tiring. The retreat lasted till 2pm. The only thing that got my attention is the movie that we watched, "Drumline". It was good, and inspirational. After that we had to share what we learned or valuable lesson that can be learned through that movie.

After the retreat, went home and take a nap. Evening, Ah Teng called me up to go his place lepak. I realised that a group of girls there were baking cheese cakes! (sorry forgot to take pictures) They baked 4 cakes, my goodness, so many. But it's for each of them to bring back home, hehe.

So wat's for dinner? Well they planned for BAK KUT TEH. What a way to start your new year with a hearty dinner. Hahaha. Guess it represents hearty, prosperous and "healthy" new year? (hah)


Our dinner.

We all "yam seng" with our personal bak kut teh soup bowl. Cool huh. Never did that before, hahaha. Hope it's a good and blessed beginning for us.

2nd day of New year 2007

The 2nd day of new year 2007, still a holiday, due to the Hari Raya Haji thingy, luckily got this holiday for me to relax. Breakfast at Ah Teng's place (can consider my 2nd home in Labuan, hehe). Then be with my bro, sending him off, back to KL to continue his studies, Lord may You Bless his studies, Amen! Then Back to Ah Teng's place again, lepak with few friends and play cards, just to spend time together mingle around and pass the time. It was ok.

After dinner, went to Alfie's place to see his broadband connection problem. While doing it, durians are ready to be served. Not any normal durians, they are from LAWAS. Really nice, bitter sweet king of fruits! Been having durians at his place for 3 days!! ooops, putting on weight already! Caressa in th meantime preparing something, it's called "pigs in blanket". Creative name for a creative food. Caressa really likes to cook, and she's good at it! Really blessed man, hahaha.




"Short" sausages wrapped in pastry. Supposedly to be pork, but this time settle for chicken sausage, hahahah.

Hhhhmmmmm,.....sweet baked aroma after baking them. They taste nice too!

No comments: